Wednesday 20 October 2010

a little peep





I have collected many acorns this year, they are plentiful. So I thought I would let you have a little peep at my oak project. I started this zigzag book with found oak leaves way back in January. I planned to add anything I liked. The seasons brought different stages of growth and colours and of course the acorns.
I had quite a collection in my kitchen on a tray on the floor, dropped there as I empty my bag of found items after each walk. This morning when I entered the kitchen I noticed an acorn half way across the floor. It seems my resident mouse has helped himself to most of the acorns. Not only is he living in the house, had several sightings now, but he now thinks I am collecting acorns for his family.
The most amusing part of this story is that I have been painting some acorns gold for Christmas. My mouse has stolen some of my golden acorns, it would make a great story. It really is true, the mouse with the golden acorns.
Hope you like my acorn studies...in paint, pen, ink and whatever I felt like at the time. I really love some of the beautiful old brown leaves, they hold memories of a place and a day we went for a walk.
Thank you so much for the comments.

21 comments:

martinealison said...

Belles créations autour du chêne... Arbre majestueux qui n'enlève rien à votre art... Bises

Dan said...

Milly, I love your acorn book, and the fact that you let the mouse share some too!!
Dan
-x-

Carol Creech said...

These are fantastic, Milly! I love the colors and patterns. It's so fun to see them all in journal form like this. Wonderful!

Carol said...

Beautiful, especially in the zigzag book.

Frances said...

Milly, of course I do love each of your oak leaves and acorns. I really am fond of these motifs, and you capture them so well.

Very funny to read about your house mouse with a taste for golden acorns!

Can you believe that with time speeding along the way that it does, it really will soon be Christmas?

xo

Posie said...

So detailed and life like Milly. Love the story of the mouse with the golden acorns.

Dreaming Woods said...

oh how beautiful drawings Eileen!
i wish you could open an Etsy shop where you could sell your drawings and products.

Delila

Michelle Palmer said...

LOVE, LOVE... L O V E!
Thank you for sharing~ Your work makes me smile!

Windsongs and Wordhoards said...

I really love your acorn book, I think I've said before how great these observations of yours would be as a published journal... but of course they hold all your own personal memories - which I also love the idea of...
The mouse and the golden acorns... there surely is a tale! One I would love to hear... you should spin it :)

Jill said...

Love your oak leaves, love the acorns, love the zig-zag format, love it full stop, Milly

Susan Scheid (Raining Acorns) said...

What a treasure trove you have given us here! I have acorns all around me right now (hence the name "Raining Acorns" for our blog--with the founding post reprised on our first anniversary just recently), yet it is your beautiful drawings that show me their incredible variety and intricacy. Of both oak leaves and acorns, you have given us much more than a little peep--rather an autumn cornucopia. Thank you!

Susan Scheid (Raining Acorns) said...

Milly: Thank you for your happy anniversary wishes, and for the gifts of your beautiful drawings. One of the best parts about this sojourn for me has been discovering your beautiful art.

Acornmoon said...

I feel you should carry on with your mouse story, I can see it now...

Anna said...

I am so inspired. What beautiful work. Thank you for sharing with us.

Lucille said...

Oh do paint some golden acorns.

Diana said...

these are lovely, I love acorns too.. you have captured them.. love your Work, Diana

Anna said...

the mouse with the golden acorns.... you should do sme studies with that.... and yes a story. Thank you for the post on my blog. ;) I love being a mother and drawing..... I dont take the time to cultivate my talent like you do though and I find such inspiration in your commitment to your art.

Pondside said...

I don't know how I missed this post.
Oddly, I was out looking for acorns last week - about a week too late. The squirrels were all there ahead of me. I do love your acorn journal!

Aqeela said...

This is beautiful, you are possibly my favorite artist, i wish more of your work was available to buy, are you likely to sell any more prints in the future?
I love that a little mouse has been helping himself to your collected acorns, and i sense that you dont mind too much, which is nice,

Aqeela xx

JANE MINTER said...

milly mouse with the golden acorns :) ...beautiful format and acorn book .

Tammie Lee said...

I love oak trees and I love seeing your portrayal of their beauty.