Sunday 13 January 2008

Edm challenge 153 Draw something wrapped in plastic




I saw these three peppers in the shopping and thought they would be ideal for the challenge. I really enjoyed drawing them with all the detail in the reflections of the plastic. I was sitting next to a lamp in the evening.
The drawing of all three peppers is done in pencil which I love working with. As I really intended to us colour , I decided just to paint one of them using acrylic paint. It was an interesting challenge. Press the picture to enlarge.

13 comments:

Sandy said...

very interesting sketch - I agree it was a challenging subject. Nice work

Ann said...

Amazing drawing! Wow.

Linda said...

Fantastic!

Sharon said...

This challenge was hard, but you did a great job with it!

Shelly McC said...

Stunning drawing!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Brilliant Eileen. I love the red one.

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Very intriguing. They almost remind me of a print. I'd like to see all the responses to this challenge in one place.

Lynn said...

Wow, those are both so well done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful peppers! I really love the one painted with acrylic also!

Joan Y said...

Yowza! Your patience inspires me Eileen! The peppers are gorgeous! I get lost in the reflections ... all beautifully done.

computerarte said...

wow! very challenging work and the result it's great:)

Anetka said...

red pepper looks so yammy:)
brilliant :)

E-J said...

Wow - the 3 monochrome peppers put me in mind of something by HR Giger! Fascinating style!